San Marin Health and Safety Protocol
San Marin Montessori’s priority is the health and safety of parents, children and staff, therefore follows recommendations from California State, California State Licensing and the Marin County Health and Human Services guidelines.
San Marin Montessori takes extreme care to maintain a safe, healthy school environment. Procedures are subject to change as State regulations and local authorities.
San Marin’s Montessori health and safety practices include;
- Maintaining a healthy environment means rigorous cleanliness and hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing as well as regular sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces and items in the classroom.
- Every material in the classroom gets disinfected every day, children will wash hands at least 4 times from the time they arrive and dismissal.
- Parents should inform San Marin Montessori if any family member has been exposed by Covid 19 or any other contagious illness.
- Regular wellness checks are conducted throughout the day to detect- and prevent- the spread of illness. If a child is found unwell, parents will be contacted for immediate pick-up to prevent the spread of illness.
Children should not come to school if they show symptoms of;
- Cough, fever 99.9 or higher, sore throat, diarrhea, pink eye, runny nose, sinus infection, green mucus, lethargy, paleness, headache, shortness of breath and a general feeling of being unwell.
- Children should return to school after 24 hours fever free, without the use of fever reduction medication.
San Marin Montessori is proud to provide a safe and healthy environment where children will play, learn and laugh together.